Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Packages for Ubuntu and Bioconductor

Bioconductor is a set of packages for R which facilitate processing biological data in a number of forms. I use R/Bioconductor quite a bit under Ubuntu, and when I install a new copy somewhere, I always have to go through dependency hell trying to remember everything I have to install through Synaptic before the various Bioconductor packages will compile. So, here is a list of what I had to install this time:
sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jdk libgtk2.0-dev graphviz-dev libgtk1.2-dev curl ggobi libxml2-dev mesa-common-dev libglu1-mesa-dev libgd2-xpm-dev libmysqlclient15-dev

Install all of these (and their dependencies), and your life should be easier. (Note, I have multiverse, universe, and restricted turned on in /etc/apt/sources.list).

No comments: