Thursday, September 16, 2004

New Firefox!

Well, almost.. Firefox 1.0 Preview Release is out! It is still not the fully polished version 1.0 that will be along shortly, but, it is getting awfully close. Apparently the install should go pretty smoothly, although one has to disable any extensions from older versions before installing it, as they will cause trouble. I have been running the nightly builds for a while, and I can safely say that the new version has a lot of cool features and seems to start up quicker and run better. Never the less, with a preview release one should expect some odd behavior on occasion.

4 comments:

Undertwotimes said...

Whoop! lets hope they fixed the memory leak.

Kate said...

I think Sam hath diappeared into the land of homework and four hours of sleep a night.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I haven't quite fallen from the face of the earth.. but almost ;)

And I think they did fix some of the memory problems, and some of the random crash problems under windows. I keep downloading new nightlies because they are fixing a few bugs a night generally. 1.0 final will be sweet!

Sam said...

oh.. didn't mean to post Anonymous