Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Book store funding terrorists?

Okay, so good cripes, I went to check out what books for a measly two classes would cost me, and yeah, over $300! One small soft cover 150 page lab manual is $52 new. It was probably close in weight to a chunk of gold of the same value. A hard-cover o-chem book is over $150, and physics demands this goofy pack of books which run $164. Now I know knowledge is supposed to be of great value and all that, but this is ludicrous. As far as I can tell, the only rational explanation for these outrageous prices is that the money is funneled into some terrorist funding network. These people are wide-spread too. I checked online at a few different used places, and nothing was much cheaper! Oh well, I guess it's like "a wiser feller than myself once said, 'sometimes you eat the bar, and sometimes the bar, well, he eats you.'"
(p.s. name that movie, and drink a White Russian--dare I say caucasian?--when you do)

1 comment:

Sam said...

Well maybe, but you are taking like 30 credits... and I have like 8.. AND I'm not in med school for cripes sake!