Monday, August 02, 2004

Premature Ejectulation

So I got called into the advertising department today where one of our two MACs was refusing to boot because it had a bad zip disk in the zip drive. It would start to load up its GUI thing, and then just freeze there. The advertising guy was about ready to throw it out the window, so I intervened and started messing with it. After trying the normal peaceful solutions I had to resort to violence and riped the front cover off. There, just were it was supposed to be was the eject button! I have long pondered why in God's holy name the Mac people hide the eject buttons, and I think I've finally figured it out. See I think Steve Jobs has a problem with premature ejectulation, so they covered up all of the buttons in order to make him drag the little disk icon to the little garbage can. PC users on the other hand are expected to have more self control and wait until the light goes off before ejecting. In linux, things get even more complicated because you have to umount first... or at least you did before the new kernels and automount tools became available.
(Note all obscene comments will be deleted. This IS a family blog after all. And this means you MIKE!)

No comments: