Friday, July 30, 2004

Linux...hicks and dogs

Although they are more or less the spawn of Satan, as the Bowling for Columbine documentary points out, Lockeed Martin is apparently gearing up to be the Linux using spawn of Satan. I guess even they can't pass up free software.
In other news, last night was wonderful for a little jog, with a big full moon, and temperatures in the mid 70's! Unfortunately the Caldwell Natives were out in force. One car full of them even managed to pool their intelligence enough to come up with "run forest run" which they hurled out of their window at me. About 3/4 a mile later I got harassed by a pack of un-chained, un-fenced dogs, so I went home. I still haven't decided which group was more intelligent, but I'm leaning towards the dogs.
p.s.
If anyone can explain why Idaho hicks dislike joggers and bicyclists so much that would be great.

2 comments:

Undertwotimes said...

"However, Utah Unix company SCO could throw a monkey wrench into Lockheed's Linux plans. According to our source, Lockheed's lawyers 'are like a deer in the headlights' because of SCO's legal threats over Linux usage."

This guy sounds like he knows whats up.

Sucks about the hicks man. If it makes you feel better I get yelled at by people in boulder about my recumbent bicycle once in a while.

Sam said...

Yeah, I think that bit about SCO is pretty much unfounded. SCO has been having MAJOR problems lately. If I remember right, their two biggest funders have started a lawsuit against them and want their money back, plus they have not done so well in the courts. I get the feeling that SCO is on its last leg....